Friday, July 16, 2010

Mysteries

Thirty-five weeks have spiraled behind me as I prepare my soul for the arrival of our darling child. Who can fathom the creation and sustainment of life? How can one prepare for such a mystery of God?

“It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.” Proverbs 25:2

God has summoned each of us to be kings (and queens) of His kingdom. He has hidden mysteries of life that He unfolds as we search them out.

I feel this pregnancy is a time of searching out God's mysteries. He has revealed little tidbits here and there as if to say, “Taste this goodness? There's so much more!” God definitely has a sense of humor. I sense a little carrot on the end of a stick in front of me. And yet, He's always good. He doesn't hold out on me, just keeps feeding me little bits to keep me coming closer. I wonder if this is why I've craved carrots lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment