Friday, July 16, 2010

35 week report


Ahoj! I'm back from the blogger grave! I never intented to be absent so long. Can I use the busy excuse?


There are too many months to catch up on so I'm just going to jump in the middle of my life. Boy, what timing. We are just about to have this baby! You know, the one that I was only a few months along with the last time I wrote? Yeah, that one!


We went in for our midwife appointment last night. From now on we will be going once a week. This one went well, as always. There has been a definite change in how my body is functioning. This baby seems anxious to meet us!


Our midwife, Shannon, gently poked and prodded the baby a bit to feel how big he/she is. Her guestimate was 7 to 7 1/2 lbs. already! Most of the information I've looked at recently says the theoretical baby is probably 5 1/2 lbs. or so at this point. So, I was shocked by that news! But Shannon said her guess would be that the baby will be 8 to 8 1/2 lbs. when born. So that doesn't sound abnormal or anything.

2 comments:

  1. Nah - that's a good healthy baby. Especially if its a boy. Boys are generally bigger...so...hmmm....

    And genetics play a role, too. Zlatko's mom had all big babies...and Robi was (and still is) definately big. But, I love chubby babies, don't you? They are so cute!!

    You're pretty much at the end, now. I'll bet you can't wait to finally hold that wee one in your arms. I'll never forget that moment....I still choke up when I think of the first time I held Robi. "Overwhelming" is the only word I can use to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it isn't abnormal! That's just the right size. I always think babies under 8 pounds are teeny and wonder what went wrong, lol. All of us were over 8.4 or so. All the boys plus Suzie were over 9 pounds. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete