Friday, July 30, 2010

37 week checkup

We went to Shannon's for our 37 week checkup last night. Good news! Things are starting to move along.

I'm 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The baby's head is at -1 station, which means very low. Shannon was able to easily touch the baby's head!

All of this just means that the process is starting. No one knows how long it will be before labor actually starts.

I've been cleaning house today and having a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions than normal. Some of the herbal medicine that I started taking on Wednesday might be causing the extra contractions. So, we'll see if that leads to anything.

Oh, Shannon also is guessing that the baby is between 7.5 and 8 lbs. now. I'm constantly feeling the little bottom sticking up right over my belly button and the feet jabbing into my ribs on the right. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the pics you'll take too!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!! I am so excited for you! You are way further along than I was at 40 1/2 weeks. I was 1cm dialated and baby was at -3 station. Thus the c-section. :) This is very exciting. Makes me want to be pregnant again!

    ReplyDelete