Monday, April 13, 2009

Silly things today continued

Right after I finished my last post, I looked outside again. The crow and squirrel were still at it! I ran for my camera because I couldn't pass up the opportunity of documenting the event. But when I got back, only the crow was visible. Here he is, perched on top of our flag pole:I was about to give up, when I spotted the squirrel hiding in a tree about 15 feet away. The crow apparently saw it, too, because he flew over into the tree right behind the one the squirrel was in. Sadly, I couldn't get a good picture because the squirrel was hiding quite well. But he jumped from his tree into the one the crow was in because there was a lot of foliage at the bottom of the crow's tree. Very stealthily, the squirrel slithered down and that's the last I saw of him. Here's the crow guarding his tree--with a blown up picture you can see the squirrel's tail peeking out from behind the trunk:
I'm sorry that I couldn't get better pictures. You'll just have to believe me that it happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment