Friday, April 10, 2009

Manual Weed Hacker

So, today when I was walking across the street to get the mail I noticed a malady in the yard. NO! Not dandelions! I had a short internal struggle of choices: be industrious and weed the yard...or sit back with a nice snack and read a book or something. My conscience got the better of me and I decided that I must stand up to the task before me and got down to work.
What appeared at first to be a handful of dandelions scattered across the lawn turned out to be a legion and a half all in cahoots. Or at least that's what it seemed like. Each root maliciously broke off under ground. When I'd kneel down to take out one plant, I'd suddently see that three more surrounded it, half buried in our overgrown grass. But two hours, several blisters, and a mild sun burn later, the front yard looked fabulous! Which it's a good thing the lawn looks good because my hands sure don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment