Saturday, May 9, 2009

Weekly news

Well, I've neglected my blog for the last week! Let's see if I can summarize the few events:

1. A week ago today, Ethan and Rachel graduated! I am waiting to get some pictures from my mom so that I can document the day. My camera batteries quit on me before I could take any pictures. Anyway, they are all done and heading to South Africa today on a mission/site-seeing trip. The trip is through a school program called May Serve. How exciting!

2. This is the even that I REALLY want to get pictures from. Last Sunday my dad played an Alumni baseball game with other George Foxers!! It was awesome to see him play! He played short stop and one inning he got to pitch! It was a blast to watch. His class was '76 and the next oldest player was class of '88. :) I was super proud of him.

3. Rob got sick again on Monday--kind of a flu thing this time. So, he was in bed a lot of Monday and all of Tuesday. It's been a rough stretch for both of us. But I think we're over the hump, so to speak.

4. I took a test on Thursday. It was Money & Banking. I've been studying on it off and on the last 6 weeks or so. With getting sick and all, I had to take quite a few breaks. The passage rate for that class is only 13% of the students that take it, so I was a little worried. But I passed it! Now only 5 classes to go!

5. Today we are going to a funeral. Rob's uncle Bill Hartley passed away last week after a long bout of sickness. I pray his family is comforted by the Holy Spirit through this very hard time.

6. Tomorrow is Mother's Day!!! We are actually going to celebrate with Colleen tonight and then with my mom tomorrow! Lots of fun!

Well, I think that pretty much catches you up with my life right now. Just little things here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment