Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pets

I have to admit that I'm not much of a pet person. My family had our dogs, cats, chickens, steers, sheep, fish, toads, spiders, crickets, roly-polies, and ants. But I wasn't into them too much. Maybe it was because I liked my family so much. I didn't need animals!

BUT, there are a couple pets that I've considered owning--mostly for their uniqueness. And it gets a bit lonely around here with Rob gone all day. So, the pets I've considered are:




HEDGEHOGS!!!



These little critters are so cute! Little balls of needles!! Pointy little wet noses. Teeny, weeny little feet. They like to stick their heads in toilet paper cardboard rolls and walk around--weird, I know! But they can have a fiesty attitude depending on the species and how well you care for them.



The other pets that I've considered are:



SUGAR GLIDERS!!!

The baby sugar gliders are ridiculously cute! I watched a video once of a sugar glider eating a grape. It took the glider about 5 minutes! One grape! These little cuties like to snuggle...and jump! Watch out! The drawbacks are that they are nocturnal, sometimes rather loud, can't be litter trained, and need a very specific diet. Other than that, they're perfect! :)

So, the vote is up! Which pets should I get? Hedgehogs or sugar gliders? Or should I just have kids (someday)?

3 comments:

  1. I vote hedgehogs, nocturnal pets can get very annoying, as you said. :)

    They are so cute!



    (You can wait on the kids!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a hedgehog! They make wonderful pets and have fantastic, quirky personalities. They actually are nocturnal, but you can train them to be awake while you are just by feeding them at the appropriate times.

    (Sorry to intrude, stumbled on this when I google-imaged hedgehogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your input, ellie! I just happened to be looking back through the comments and saw yours!

    ReplyDelete