Friday, May 1, 2009

Pain

I wrote this a few months ago and thought it appropriate to voice my feelings today:

How can I push beyond the disappointment and hurt? How can I heal my heart? What can I do when I find out the dreamy castle has a nightmare dungeon? Will anger pull me through? Will drowning myself in things to do clean the slate of my mind? No.

I can’t push beyond any pain. I can’t heal the brokenness. I can’t erase the nightmare. It’s not about me.

God, show me the reality beyond my own emotions. Show me the way everything turns out for good. Show me your kingdom. Rebuild my castle on a foundation of grace.

God, I give my disappointment and pain to you. Please heal my heart. Bring light where I thought there could only be darkness. Bring light to the places that were already light so that they are illuminated with your glory. Renew my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment