Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Smashing Chicken Salad






I threw this salad together this afternoon when I felt starvation setting in. It's based off of the types of salads my mom is great at fixing. I didn't have all the ingredients I would have liked, but it was still smashing!


Here's what's in it:


Lettuce

Chicken (I seasoned it with salt, garlic, and paprika)

Smashed almonds*

Raisins

Italian dressing


I didn't have any hardboiled eggs at the time but have since cooked some up. Next time I'll add the eggs in. Also dried cranberries instead of raisins are great! Any other suggestions?


*The almonds are significantly better when smashed. Hence the name. It's thrilling to smash them with a rubber mallet. It was necessary with mine since they were frozen. ;)


3 comments:

  1. That's what I want for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocados might go well with your salad. It looks wonderful, Lottie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, avocados! Yes, they'd definitely add to the deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete